Wednesday, March 1, 2017

New Vintage Mystery Reissues by Coachwhip: The Rumble Murders, Anonymous Footsteps, The Hex Murder

Here is the latest group of vintage mystery reissues from Coachwhip.  For three of these books I have written introductions.  Two of these three books, The Rumble Murders and Anonymous Footsteps, I have written about previously at the blog.  The third, The Hex Murder, was reviewed, highly favorably, by John Norris over at Pretty Sinister Books last year.




Coachwhip has also reprinted Crime in Corn Weather (1935), by Mary Meigs Atwater, which I reviewed here at this blog several years ago, and John Ferguson's The Grouse Moor Murder (1934), a classic Golden Age English mystery.  You should check those out too!

7 comments:

  1. I swear, my wish list keeps expanding, and expanding, until the day comes when we're all swallowed by it!

    Not sure when I will get around to these, but they've been jotted down on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many vintage mysteries, so many interesting authors. It really was a time when so many people wanted to get in on the game.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for introducing me to even more new authors. My TBR pile probably won't be happy but I definitely will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Kate, though John Norris provided the impetus for The Hex Murder. I was glad he promoted that one, on account of my family's own Pennsylvania Dutch connections. Love the local color!

      some more interesting titles coming soon.

      Delete
  3. I'm quite tempted by The Grouse Moor Murder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and John between you convinced me to order the Hex Murders!

    ReplyDelete